Friday, March 25, 2016

The need to be needed

I had a couple of old friends return to my life from a lifetime of selfishness. I had known them from before and they were simply looking to be needed. I needed them. They were in love with the idea they had value and were indeed needed. Yet when it came to really digging in, their addiction to selfishness and it's hold on them, became the choice of their need. I have never seen so much illusion and in living with it for a minute I watched it take their lives. Suicide was both men's choice, one quick at the end of a rope, the other slow at the end of a bottle. Both were very sad to watch, as their need to disappear became the only need they needed. We must now decide between needs and wants and what is best for us here. I need to be needed, so I chose a career that supported that need in me. I love that. I want for nothing as my needs are met in a loving generous way. Please think now about what you really need, ask others what they need too. Then this loss of life and love here will come to an end, I need that now too.

No comments: