Sunday, May 11, 2014

The dread of disapproval

I felt that way for a very long time. When we spoke today about the MOM thing, I said as I play the movie back all I get is the DREAD piece. Disapproval was my mom's constant with me. Nothing I did was redeemed in her mind and she made sure I was fully aware that she truly believed that. I dreaded her disapproval for a very  very long time. Turns out though, she was looking in the mirror every time she voiced that opinion. I know that now. Learning to stand back allow, and not own another's voice is what I have learned. I also learned that what is spoken belongs to the speaker, not the spoken to.  The Christ spoke of love and healing and eternity. It was HIS reality , his voice taught that again and again. Please Speak, we want to know your truth. Remember though, the only disapproval YOU GET  is yours of YOU, NO one else. I have forgiven, but will never forget, and that is the gift my Mother gave to me, HOW NOT TO BE, Thank you Shirley,  I know you did the best you could with what you had.

No comments: