Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Service - the true love

I have spent hours in meditation, I have spent hours in the bar, I have spent hours alone and hours in groups, spent spent spent. I have spent money, energy, knowledge, and time. So what is it that fills me back up again, especially when I am spent. SERVICE.

At the end of the day I am spent, doing my job as a Naturopath sometimes exhausts me. When I go into the barn at 3 to ride with the kids I am usually trying to think of a way to get out of it. Nothing left to give. Then as if by magic, the minute I see a kid or walk into my pen of horses, I get revitalized. The service I receive by the service I provide with my horses fills me up to overflowing. It is the joy of sharing my gift with them that does it. I love nature, I love kids and my horses are so much fun and give so much, that the energy created in that time is immeasurable.

The ability to be of service to another is the measure of energy sent and received here. Loving what you do and how you do it is that service. Service to self is the first layer, then service to family, however you measure family. Many of us do not have lots of family around so we make our own family from a pool of friends and clients - all family!! That's how this works.

Today give good service. Feel how good that feels. Value your ability, no matter what it is. Send it out there and then - sit back and see what comes back to you!!

Service and love, the same only different - both verbs, both nouns, put your name there now too and live happily ever after. Dr. Su

No comments: