Sunday, November 28, 2010

Who am I really?

We use each other to mirror back to us - US. I can see the best in me in my favorites about another. Beauty and humor, matching and congruence, honesty and potential, openness and speed, I love all that about my world and the Me in it.

How about pain, loss, suffering, frustration, lack of self control, blame and loneliness?

Those are a part of me too. Yup they sure are. I hate that and I love that too.
Animals do the same mirroring, peeing critters are peeing people, urine is insecurity and a need to demonstrate it by peeing inappropriately is the lesson to see and learn from. The disease that put me in this place for the past twenty years was Interstitial Cystitis, a need to pee constantly and a lot of pain when you didn't. Thank God I got that lesson learned and put away!!

My dog Rain bosses other dogs around, I must do the same thing or she wouldn't need to do that. She keeps her own space very clear, pushing back with a snarl any animal that gets in too close. Then she kisses them later and says now that you are not invading my space I can love you up. I do believe that is me too. I have always known that I needed to protect myself and I do do that. Never having a parent or a partner to do that for me I think made me snarly. I would even snarl at them.

Now that I feel more protected in my own space by my own choices of love and light and guardian angels, her snarling bugs me. I have even disciplined her for that behavior lately. Learning to say no, without fighting or becoming defensive is a big lesson for me.

So today I choose to be calm and loving and say no quietly and firmly if I need to, without any snarls, eliminating the need to suck up later. I am learning to blame only me for me and how I feel, my heart and what I do with it is my responsibility, no one else's. Happy is a choice, you don't need a mirror to feel that way, instead, I will use my choice to do it.

Sounds workable, not easy, not yet, but workable.

So in the spirit of love, of life and self and the potential of learning and growing from this magical place we call Earth, make some awesome choices today. I have!!!

No comments: