Sunday, February 11, 2024

The fallen

I was heading home early in the morning from our adventure. The parking lot was quiet. On the ground was a woman, fallen. At first I wondered what had happened, and just as quickly I knew it simply did not matter, only that she was down in the cold on the concrete. I went to her. She said her knees were very weak and she had stumbled on the cooble stone and fallen. She was unable to get herself back up. I came around from behind her and supported her rise, Shaking, weak and humiliated she turned to walk back to her car. I was glad I came out so early so I could support her. Then she turned and said - YOU ARE an ANGEL. I smiled. We are human angels and we are here for a reason as simple as helping someone up. The fallen are here so we are here, keep your eyes open you are needed now more than ever before.

No comments: