Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Are you a gambler?

I am, always have been. I bet on the underdog every time. I take risks. I parlay what I win. I am a believer, even when I lose I win. I do however rarely call someone's bluff. I just don't. That has led me down the trail of tears many times. Yesterday I spoke with the father of the man who robbed me and he said he was done with his kid now. That that was simply the last straw and after years and years of effort and spending time and money on his son, he was now spending it on recovering from that child. Time and money and love spent now on himself and his wife. I wonder if that was the lesson all along and it just took awhile to allow it to take it's rightful place. You can not lead if you are not first leading yourself in the light. You cannot give breath unless you are breathing. You certainly can not give love unless you are filled with it, self first - that is primary and many do not know that. I know this to be true and have called for the love of others with no answer, thinking their love would validate me somehow. It was a risk to throw that out there into the air and hear no answer echoing back. Then the lesson appeared, it is my own love, my own voice of approval I seek, it is the relationship to self that needed the sacred union or in my case reunion. Waiting for others to approve or fall in love with us is simply a long wait and it turns out to be the road back to self. Happy Birthday I mean rebirth day to ME!! It really is all good, and I will take that BET every time!!!

No comments: