Sunday, May 13, 2012

High and great expectations

I enjoy the gift of family so much. I always had and still do have great expectations for those girls of mine and they never ever disappoint me. I realize though that I also have great and high expectations for others as well and I am commonly disappointed in what I perceive as less than optimal behavior and performance. I believe in believing in people, and I think I really believe they will do what they say they can do. I look at their performance based on my expectations and Lord Almighty it is sad to me. Once in a while it makes me frustrated but mostly it just sets me back on my heels to rethink the whole deal. I want others to have high expectations of themselves and to strive to thrive and perform above the crowd. I just do. I think it is doable. I will believe in people forever, I will just not be so sad when I fail to get what I think is their very best work. I am learning to let it go. How about you? I will simply learn to be satisfied with whatever they have and pay only for that amount of energy. I am learning. This is a good day to stop mothering those who do need it and stick with the ones who love it the best, thanks boys and girls in my life!! I will always be your mama su.

1 comment:

Dr. Su said...

Thank you for commenting!