Monday, December 19, 2011

Truly caring promotes consideration

There has been so much stress in people's lives that we forget simple consideration and the impact we have on others. If you truly care, then you must always consider what you say and do.

I gave a cookie to the clerk at the hotel I was at on Saturday. I had just baked our favorite family recipe and brought some to my birthday party, she took it into her mouth and it just melted. Later my friend showed up at the front desk to get her key and the clerk said you are with the COOKIE lady, she gave me a meltaway and it was the sweetest thing I have ever tasted!!!

I cared and considered and gave away one of my favorite things, and forever to her, I will be known for the Sweetest thing ever!! Now that's a gift back to myself that I didn't expect, but will cherish forever. I am sure that many people will remember me in their own way, but she will remember me as the deliverer of something very sweet. I will endeavor to do that daily now, knowing that the sweetness in life is the simple showing of consideration and CARING about the impact you have.

Such tiny seemingly insignificant gestures can truly change a person's day or sometimes even their life. Being a conscious person and wanting to stay awake while I am here means caring. Caring about myself first then my family and friends and then the same caring needs to apply to all the people in this world. I will consider that my birthday gift to myself and it could be the best one yet!

No comments: