Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spiraling - upward or downward?

CHOICES, EVERYDAY, CHOICES.

Only you decide which direction you will go. Luckily, every single day is a new choice.

My land has zillions of fiddlehead ferns, and in watching them emerge in the spring I realize how functional the spiral is. It's the difference between digging a hole with shovel or digging with an auger. Hard or easy. Quick or slow. Your DNA is a spiral, containing amazing programming to in-form your body. An informed person going with the flow of the beautiful spiral can emerge anywhere. Through the roughest of ground the spiral can work it's way through to the light of the new spring day.

In yoga I teach spinal twisting, a spiraling of the body, releasing glitches in the spine, restoring energy to all vital organs in the process. I watch as my horses jump and buck and twist their hips to adjust their magnificent bodies. It's fabulous to watch. I know how difficult a downward spiral can be, it appears here in my world daily in the health problems that people seek me to assist them in releasing. It's totally up to the person and changing the direction of their ever spiralling energy is my goal.

So for today, imagine the spiral, see it in the fern, or the auger or your DNA, then send it upward! Find the light in your day. A job, a person, a moment of joy, send your energy to that next level up. It's a habit we will all benefit from! ONWARD AND UPWARD!

No comments: