Wednesday, February 12, 2020

My Side of the Mountain - Childhood favorite book, sent me packing

He ran away to nature. I did that same thing. I knew as he knew that the way I was being raised was not right for me. Religion, abuse, toxic overload by pharmacy and surgery and processed food, mercury fillings in my teeth, anger and secrecy, all aspects of my childhood that I would have to reckon with some day. Then I read the book Billy Jack, and I knew that was how it would work for me. I would find my posse, my heritage, my passion for kids and critters, and I would fight for them. It started with my own kids and animals, then I had to fight for my own health and the freedom to take care of it with nature as my healer. I had to walk away from my job as a physician recruiter and walk away from a health care system that said I was incurable and would need to drugs and procedures all the rest of my life. They said I would need to pee in a bag forever as my bladder was ruined. I was 30 years old. I had to be the Billy Jack of my own life. Kicking and screaming and meditating and praying, my way through changes I would need to make in every level of my existence. I did that. I am now an elder, A GRANDMOTHER, who soon has the gift of GRANDCHILDREN to fight for. It has changed me again, peaceful and powerful, a new life to care about. WHAT DO YOU RUN FROM, AND WHERE ARE GOING TO END UP? The stories you love are yours, share them around the fire, in the lights of love and laughter and live like there is no tomorrow! CUZ the present, is the GIFT and the GIFT is us here together now! Hawk's Ridge Ranch in Hudson Wisconsin, is MY SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN.

No comments: