Sunday, January 5, 2020

Do YOU dare to KNOW/NO me?

In overcoming fears, we take dares. We dare ourselves to try something new, or bigger, or completely unknown. Reading and writing tall tales of adventure and magic as we take the dare to think outside the box. Miracles are a huge reach and daring topic for many. Space travel for others is as daring, as they sign up to go to MARS. The fires on Earth are lighting the dross of complacency that blur the vision and clog the energy of humanity and take away the bravery that is needed to take the dare. I dare people all the time. Kids are quick to take the dare of bareback horse riding. Standing up on the back of the horse right away is the first dare they embrace. Taking the dare of putting your face in the water and floating freely without drowning is another dare I offer, as I have been teaching swimming since I was a student in college. I dare people to be well. I dare people to tell the truth about their life no matter what it was. KSTP dared me to sue them when they used my work to create fake news. I DID, and they paid me a million dollars for my trouble. Today I dare the world to find light and love in the life they have here. Singing, laughing, speakly with kindness are ways to do that. Self pity, judgement of others, feelings of unworthiness, not in the dare. Let them flush down the swirly, and You like cream, rise to the top. I dare you. I double dare you.

No comments: