Thursday, December 8, 2016

the unexpected departure

It happens, someone gets up and goes without warning. I had it happen with my daddy when I was 2. He died. As I grew into my knowing, I realized it was certainly not unexpected, just too soon for me. He knew when to come and when to go. I just resisted his timing. In resisting, I felt lonely, left behind really. I believe in the bigger reality of us. I believe that I, as a never ending story, dictate my own movements. I know that when I am gone, I shall remain for a very long time in the hearts of those who knew me. Then if I decide to, I can return here. It is the greatest lesson in being present. Not to waste one moment. I saw someone wasted the other day and thought of that reality as an empty time, not producing fruit. It is imperative in living gracefully that we live awake, alive and present. Period. Then even the unexpected is not so unexpected. All things working together, understood step by step as we go, loving ourselves and each moment, knowing the next one may be very very different.

No comments: