Saturday, December 24, 2016

Are you are fear biter?

I work with animals. I have cats, dogs and horses. They live here with me in harmony, well cared for, full and warm and loved. They have no need to bite, not me. Humans who are cared for that way, get along with themselves and one another without biting. Those who are afraid, hungry, confused, insecure, tired or cold, fear bite. It is the rush of adrenaline the body shoots through to transport them to a space where they feel safe. It is a gift, for that very rare occasion where it could help. It can lift a car with it's strength. Unfortunately, humans use it all the time now, and it hurts them as much as it hurts us. I call it the sex, drugs and rock and roll, the need for speed and the abuse of sugar used to sweeten a life gone sour way of living.In the new reality here, fully exposed in the light, fear biting can now be understood and controlled. A cornered, injured human is capable of biting. Even biting off their own leg to get free, I see that with addiction a lot. When you are there on either side of that surge of adrenaline brought on by life, step back and take a breath. Keep your hands at your side, and your words in your mouth. Breath again. Own it, it is your energy, and biting us is never the solution. We also will step back, some of us will walk off! I will keep me and mine safe and warm, and they will purr and nicker all day long. Let's do that with one another. Teach this lesson, and take the foot of the pedal for a minute. Smile your way through the fear and be loved and safe here.

No comments: