Wednesday, November 13, 2019

what happens when pride goes away??

PRIDE - defined as being conscious of one's own dignity. When the pride dies, the family breaks apart, they go off and try to find their own way back to it. I spoke to the social security guy yesterday, and he said marriage of more than 10 years had value and was something to be proud of. I said 21 years was the limit, then I needed to establish my pride all over again. I had changed jobs along the way, and the person I married took no pride in my work as a Naturopathic Physician. I thought I could live in two worlds, naturopathy and that other one, at the same time but it took away my pride. I would go to work and feel great about what I did, then I would come home and be told not to talk about it...there or anywhere that he was present. Same thing about my piano playing, I would be told to wait till he was out of the house before I could play. I stopped being proud of my music for awhile. In the history of my Father's family, the Dakota/Blackfeet relatives lost their pride too. Then the families fell apart. I never got to know them, because the false pride of my mother made her stop letting them see us. No photographs were ever displayed, and we knew nothing of our father and his pride, his family or his heritage. I learned alot about pride from the very start of my life. It is why I do what I do the way I do it. I am proud, loud, and willing to be proud of those I care about and everyone else too, until they show me that I should not. Then I do the best I can. Today get up, dress up and show up PROUD to be YOU! Don't worry about the rest of us, you are enough. Thanks for giving me a job, a family, and a place on Mother Earth that I am SO PROUD of, God is WORTHY AND SO ARE ALL OF US, proud to be here and heard. Dr. SU/Sioux

No comments: