Sunday, January 3, 2016

I do not babysit...

I never really have or liked to. It seemed like I was doing someone else's job when I did. Although I was paid, it seemed to not be quite enough. I am always happy to care for or about someone or something I love, and that is not baby sitting. That is BEING. There is a really big difference. As a young mom my husband would say that he did not want to babysit our young kids. I would say that is not what we do here, WE PARENT. That is different. At lunch yesterday my friend said there were not enough good present parents out there who really cared about their kids and the burden of babysitting was becoming overwhelming. It was creating humans who let other humans babysit them, bail them out, come to their rescue and the like. Choosing to make someone responsible and paying them off seems to be counterproductive somehow. Kids and adults alike seem to expect it. I was paid off to babysit a grown man once and it was not worth it! Love, presence and caring are not buyable. You simply can not pay enough to have someone love something or someone the way you do. It is magnetic, and it requires YOUR presence. I am asking us all to be present with that and those we love, they are our responsibility and they require our direct contact alot of the time. Kids need to grow up to be adults, not old kids who still need a babysitter. Those babysitters are then called prison guards and health care providers, nursing home stagg and judges and attorneys too. Teach yourself to take care of yourself, then do the same for yours...and we will all benefit.

No comments: