Sunday, January 17, 2016

Grandpa died, Tom Syfko is gone now.

I just loved that guy, Tom Syfko Sr.. He was a real papa and I called him that for 40 years. He sat at the end of the table and held court, which was one of his best attributes. He wasn't perfect, but he was PRESENT! That was the best part of his life here for my family. He would laugh, and tease, and was sometimes outrageous, and never say never. He would help with any project you could think of.  He was an athlete, a fireman and a grandpa to my girls. He stayed for over 90 years. I know men who can't stay for 90 minutes called by other things more important than their own families, sad but true. We need the papas of the world. They deserve our respect and love and gratitude for being there for us in body and in our lives. If you have a papa in your life, tell them how glad and grateful you are for their willingness to be present. It is a gift, a job and sometimes a real burden, and truly the greatest thing a man can do. Godspeed Papa, I love you very much and am grateful I knew you, we will meet again. You were something very special!! Su

No comments: