Friday, May 27, 2011

Like a pebble in the pond see your words now!!

Everyone is shaken by words that do more harm then good. I am one who has spoken without thinking it through and then wonder why it has returned to smack me right in the face - hard!

The truth is as individual as the teller. Each one has a prospective and belief system programmed through years and years of use. I have a unique truth - unique to me as Su.

I have learned and taught that it is not necessarily for everyone. You may love my truth especially if it matches or is similar to yours. Would you hate it if it were completely different or incomprehensible?? I do not care about that. That is a new truth for me. For a long long time I cared that your truth match or at least support mine, now I know that mine is my responsibility, and yours is yours and yours alone. I love that!!!!

Putting it out there is what we all struggle with and learn from. It is daring to tell a different truth. Sometimes it can get you separated out. That is challenging when you first start doing that. When I was in the 8th grade the pastor at the Lutheran Church I was being confirmed at told his truth about a passage in the Bible. IT WAS NOT MY TRUTH IN ANY WAY!! I told him it hurt people to change it to what was condemning from what it really meant as loving. My own mother used the "Spare the Rod and Spoil the Child truth" as an excuse to beat me. My oldest daughter spoke her truth on that issue many years later by explaining to her Grandmother, That the ROD in that passage referred to a teaching tool not a hitting STICK! WOW, two truths. I felt that second one fit my perspective better and had already adopted that belief before her disclosure.

Learning to honor each other's truth is a valuable choice, it then results in others honoring ours. They may be different, but they are respected and that results in peace and harmony.

See the pebble in the pond every time you open your mouth, let the vibration being sent be one of honor and respect and then let's see what comes back to smack us in the face!! Have a great day!! and better weekend, happy memorial day, Dr. Su

No comments: