Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to all who give it their best

In a world of change and blending, mixing up partners and families, it is challenging to keep sacred the blessings of Motherhood and all that they bring.

I was a single mom, a married mom, and a mom with a new partner twice. All those positions had the mom feature, but that was all the stayed the same. The family structure changed and shifted and created a lot turmoil. Nothing was solid except for my love for my girls.

My two favorite moms passed away. In our lives together we took motherhood seriously and joyfully and did as much together with our girls as we could. Showing them all sorts of ideas, corny or not. Those girls do not have moms here any more and that is very sad. I hold them close in my heart especially today. My girls still do have their mom.

I have gotten what I have given, they are happy, beautiful, smart and healthy and that is what I tried to give them. So in honour of the hardest job I have ever had and loved the best - Happy Mother's Day to us all!!

No comments: