Monday, October 14, 2019

Distance makes our heart grow fonder

I have "distants" in my life. A group of RELATIVES, I did not know. I have spent the last 20 years going the distance to locate their legacy. I could feel the beating of their drums in my heart. I see the smoke signals in the sky. I decorate like they did. I love their music. I eat their food and it gives me strength and energy. I feel in love with this energy. They have become familiars finally after a lifetime of searching. You may be luckier than that. You may know your relatives. They may have loved you and taught you - YOU! When a child is separated from their roots, they are not grounded. I was that child. I work with horses and children now, for the past 19 years, for they ground me. My daughters ground me too. Find your grounding in understanding distance/distants. Look yourself up, and then look down. Take what they teach you on the inside, and then root it in your life. It will give you strength like the family tree we all have, and many do not know. Help one another to go the distance/distants. Remember....we are all related. Together we thrive.

No comments: