Thursday, July 15, 2010

The joy of being innocent

The calculated choices we make to live our lives through the lives of other's is so interesting to me.
How do we hook up?
Why do we allow certain hook-ups and keep them connected?

Two very good questions.

The drama of the human experience is only perpetuated by DRAMA, where ever you can dig it up. It's always on TV, especially the news. It's in your family, in your office, in your relationship and so it goes. The ability to turn the other cheek and move ahead peacefully is the ability to stay innocent.

The Bible and the Hopi both say look to the children, for they shall lead you. It is their innocence that provides that leadership. Their honesty and willingness to forgive and forget. I have seen a lot drama just in the health issues that we whip up. Each one tells a tale. Yesterday we spoke of feeling trapped by our parent's fears. Me, in a pair of red sneakers I hated and didn't want in the first place.
So as a little girl I created some big drama by tipping the roto-tiller over onto my foot and wrecking my shoe and also my toe, scarred to this day. WILLING AND ABLE to create a drama that showed my feelings when no one seemed to be willing to pay attention to me. GOT MY WAY. The new tennis shoes I got were the one's I wanted in the first place. Now that was not so good for me, since it showed me that sometimes drama ruled.

I spent my life in that cycle of drama, and now I know through much experience that it's the honesty and the innocence that work better for me then the need to make a fuss. Learning to say no was one of the first new choices I had to remember, then the other stuff came easier. You are not here to please. You are here to grow in your own self love and the knowledge it brings. Remain honest and innocent. Your truth may not match other's, so what, agree to disagree. Turn the other cheek, but also remember to walk away before the next blow comes. It's good to be a kid again, play nice with each other, use your words and this adventure will improve daily in the light of being a child, innocent and free! Namaste'

No comments: