Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Through the eyes/I's of the seniors

I loved the freshman year in high school the big dog in the junior high. I looked good, I felt good, and it opened me up to a bigger vision of potential. Sohomore year, little one again was terrific. Then I went to a private school, which was not for me. Then I returned my senior year, injured, and in a wheel chair, and school became a memory. I finished, I graduated, I did not show up much, but I got what I went for, a completion. I went to college for a minute, and became a Water Safety Instructor. I taught swimming lessons for a time, after years of being a lifeguard. Then I married and began the life of an adult. Now I am a senior again. This time I am not in a wheel chair, nor am I going to miss it. I love what I have built, my kids are awesome, my grandson is pure magic and the ranch where I do Dr. Su/SIOUX, is an amazing place to be. I see other seniors with less, or loss, or lack. They are lonely, on meds, out of touch with nature. They are isolated, and now they are dying. In homes not theirs, taking money they spent a lifetime putting safely away for survival. If you have a senior close, reach out with a hand shake, a smile, and YOU WILL BE GALD YOU DID> they hold the keys to kingdom of the earth and the future. They can tell the truth because they were here for the story as it unfolded. PLEASE, those eyes/I's, though tired and faded, will light up the whole face with their smile!!! YOU now can BE THE funny, generous, interested one. IT IS your turn, trust me, you will be a senior soon enough. Time is shorter than you know, use it to reach out, the world is watching, and she loves us very much. Mother Gaia, and Source, willing to let us thrive.

No comments: