Tuesday, December 5, 2017

SO glad you were BORN! Happy Birthday Karen Peltier!

As a child I was not always sure I was glad I was born. My Mother though made sure I knew she was. During the other days of the year, she was not so sure, yet on my birthday, she was. It was a day of that Happy Birthday song, the breakfast of choice, the cake you wanted and a party too. Mine was near Christmas and it still mattered. My sister Karen's is today, and that mattered too. I loved her birthday too. She is two years younger and came at a time when she was needed. It was 1959, and our Father was preparing to die just days after she was born. She gave the focus of life and survival at a time of loss, and grief. Can't have it both ways, and we survived. She was a playmate, a pony riding partner, and someone to fight with too. She shared my room all of those days, and many times she listened to my crazy ideas and stories. So I say in the light of all we know, I am so glad you were born! Happy Birthday Karen!

No comments: