Tuesday, December 23, 2014

How accountable are ready to be?

I say give me 8th graders. I will teach them what I learned about staying fit, healthy, lean, focused and happy. They are making choices every minute of every single day with out explanation and wondering why they are so out of whack. Food, sleep, weight, ability to focus and create, being cared for and loved for who and how you are you are all things that should be taught. I see kids suffer so much and then under the influence of drugs, bad food, peer pressure and more, they begin to give in to failing. Addiction and loss are next and then of the suicide card gets played too. I have been with those where that was their choice.  Those who were not taught how to choose the things that work together for the good of the human. Please, consider your choices and teaching with intention how they work for you. That is the best way to share family time, being honest, supportive and loving the community we get when we are together. Happy Holidays to us all. Let's let this one be the most important one yet as we move into the new age of accountability.

No comments: