Thursday, August 7, 2014

Hero

I love heroics. I always have. It takes me to a place of unlimited power here that is rare and exciting and deserves to be recognized. I watch for them in this world and honor them when they appear in my reality. I think that they deserve the love of the people and should know WE KNOW how brave they are and what they have sacrificed for the highest good of the situations here. They can take the blows. Books are full of heroes, real life has even more. My friend changed his life when drinking and the sadness of it all became life threatening to him. He walked away from everything that surrounded that choice. And started over again as a grown ass man with nothing left but his heart and a willing spirit to try one more time, this thing called life. Apologies to self, family and friends were given, and life took a wild turn for the better, and the healing that will follow him through all the days left. He became a pastor, a counselor and the best friend that any one could ever want, and he can really cook and laughs the whole time. NOW that is a hero to ME!  Find a hero today and tell them how proud you are of them, and say thanks, we need you. I will.
LikeLike ·  · 

No comments: