Sunday, September 5, 2010

Fort Benton Montana

So here I am now after nearly 52 years of searching for my roots, the roots that nudged me along in this lifetime. The feelings, the knowings, the preferences, the look and feel of what is familiar to me. This place is so familiar. I know now what it feels like to be home. In a minute you are remembered by those who too knew you then and still would know you now if they had the chance.

A gentleman of some age was introduced to me as the loving caretaker of this history here, this is a place he cherishes and cares for in every way. He wanted to meet me and so it was arranged, that I, the great, great, great grand-daughter of this place's founding family would be introduced. He took a deep long look into my eyes, knowing somewhere in me was a part of me that he remembered and I did too, then tears of joy and recognition followed. No one spoke, we didn't need to. It was just a moment of magic, and the knowing that we really do all know one another and if we would just look into the eyes of those people, we would remember. Then there would be peace, the peace that comes from being a part of the larger picture.

You are all a part of the larger picture, parts of me that I can't deny and try desperately to recall. Your lessons are mine and mine are yours, sure does make it alot easier to share the load. When our family becomes all of us, we will be healed.
In the meantime, this extension of my family is enough, it's huge and wonderful and yes, it extends to all of you too. Here's to a new larger loving family for all of us!! Namaste' Dr. Susie Marie Culbertson Anderson of Ft. Benton Montana!!!

No comments: