Monday, March 11, 2019

I heard about the mom who was mean

I have heard perceptions of other's lives, my whole life. I heard what I needed to hear, when I was able to hear it. Some I heard as a kid, some I heard just yesterday. Mother's are so important, and when you hear there was a mean mom, it hurts us all. I do not hit, because I was hit. It was corporal punishment, and her GOD said it was OK. My GOD says it is not OK. My life is mine, and taking those mean moms and changing that matrix for our own children and other children around us too is up to us. If you were treated this way, pay attention to your response now. Punishment is not necessary, nor is isolation or incarceration. Treatment for our PTSD is needed. If you wince at words, or memories, or visions that flash before your eyes because of that mean mom, or teacher, or coach, or priest, join us for some horse therapy. Our trauma deserves our nurturing, and my horses make real nice MOMS! Hawk's Ridge Ranch in Hudson, Wisconsin has been in the therapy world for 19 years, and our barn is still one of the happiest places this mom knows!

No comments: