Saturday, April 25, 2009

OH HAPPY DAY!!

Some of you well know and others not at all about my journey into the world of alternative healing. In the late 80's I became very very ill with a condition called interstitial cystitis. This is a chronic and incredibly painful bladder inflammation. I tried all the drugs from halcion to morphine, antidepressants and whatever else they offered. I remained awake twice, while I allowed the doctors to put wires in my spine and hook them to a TENS unit that I could dial up to try to override pain. The unit hung on my belt wired through my skin into my back. I asked after two years of torture what the end would be and was told there was no cure and eventually, if not sooner I would just have to have my bladder removed and urinate into a bag on the outside of my body. I am an avid sun and swim and outside player, that was not an option in any way, shape or form!

Chapter 2: I and sister Karen started looking around for another solution. That's when we discovered Electro Dermal Screening. Three machines were being used in Minnesota and none in
Wisconsin. Only naturopaths had them. I didn't hesitate, I never do. I was tested and on the road to recovery within the week. A year later, after a complete healing, I returned to Dr. Steve Siegel of St. Paul Urology with the good news. He reached over and patted me on the knee and said " Good for you, but please keep this under your hat." Now in those days, there were 9 million, yes!!! 9 million women diagnosed with this hideous condition. I became incensed and ultimately motivated, to help these women. I bought this testing device for myself and set about to learn it's gift.

Chapter3: I sacrificed everything I had and did, my job, my friends, my marriage and a way of life I had come to know, to pursue this dream of helping people recover their health. It was the second hardest job I ever loved, the first was being a mom. Now I was on my own.

Today the final chapter in this journey came to be known to me. The most advanced medical research clinic in the world ,The Mayo Clinic, has received delivery of 13 of these devices to start clinical trials in cancer research with these amazing machines!! I offer this to you, the end of illness and the suffering it brings is within our reach. I always knew it would come. So today let's celebrate a new way, a new day and the love of self and the life we are given. I have never been so humbled or grateful for anything. Thank you Creator and all who guide and guard us, you are faithful so we can be faithful too. This is what faith brings!! Here's to a lifetime of health, happiness, light, love and laughter. Namaste' Dr. Su

No comments: