Saturday, October 15, 2016

Messages from the other side

There are two sides always, like a coin, like the day and night, like the mother and the father. I only got one side growing up. It was the my way or the highway life at my childhood home. No what the other side thought, since there was no one in that position to offer another view. It was a challenge, and I often took the opposing side just because it was there and no one was in that position. Even my Grandfather Earl was too far away to have a side from the male point of view for my mom's children. I have had to figure out a way to experience it on my own, as many children of single parents did. It takes patience and meditation and a willing open spirit to get a view from where you are not from. A lot of reading and writing go into the mix too. As I offer in this blog, my view, and I say one thing. Thank God for choices, sides, positions and perspectives, it certainly makes this life interesting and ever expanding. Many ways to do the same job, and it is what it is. Take a look from the other side today, and see what that feels like. Only when you have walked a mile in my moccasins, can you understand, me. And I can try to understand YOU.

No comments: