Friday, April 7, 2017

VOICES, yours or theirs?!

I was listening. It was a different voice than I had heard the past two days. It was a stranger to me, it was not the character I had just met, and was getting to know. It was the voice of someone I had not known before.. I listened some more. Then I silenced it and told it to be quiet and leave me, forever. I explained it had no permission to be in my space, and that I would not give it my time or energy. This was a voice that had taken over the voice of the human it was talking through. I heard fear, worry, criticism and was being burdened with less and loss by it's harping. It was kind of funny, in that weird way. Someone who does not even know me had a lot to say to me. I have heard those voices before. They are the voices of those whose advice we wanted, and then took as our own voice instead of developing ours independently, in love and strength. It could be our parent's voice, our coach's voice, our teacher's voice, our minister's voice, or even our friend's voice, not ours. It over shadows the person influenced when they are weak and tired or simply out of it. It is not YOU. It never was. It is an interloper, who has used your child like willingness and innocence to have THEIR WAY WITH YOUR LIFE AND YOUR VOICE. Let someone you love, tell you what they hear, and who it sounds like, when you are upset, or weak, or scared, or out of it. Then when you tired of letting someone else rule your life, your reality. YOU, with the authority you have, with your freewill, demand it leave you completely and never return. Send it to the light. Say thank you for the lessons learned. And begin to establish your own voice, based on what YOU love and live for here. It is the most powerful thing you have. In the beginning, there was the WORD. And after that, everything else. Whose voice do you use and what are you creating????? It is a choice, now you know.

No comments: