Sunday, September 10, 2017

All the time in the world? Ask Rick McArthur

So I said to my guest, Rick McArthur, I am Su, he says back to me, ME TOO. And that's how it all began. This last summer had a no time like the present, timing. I spent it with Rick McArthur, an American Indian, who had not much time left to talk and still had much to say. So he came to the ranch and did just that, gave us all his time and stories. Up early every morning, on the porch with his tobacco, coffee, the dogs, the horses and me. Story after story about the challenges of human life here. The water, the indigenous, the women, the children, the addictions, the historic trauma, the law and him. All of which he was passionate about. The twinkle in his eyes was never missing! Even in a fight, he would smile and twinkle at the end. I would too. We fought twice, both times ended in hugs as he gave in to a new view. Or at least he let me believe he did. I am grateful that we had that update and upgrade together. I know now that the losses of life on every level effect everything everyday, if you give in to them. He had sat on his land by his creek for seven years, losing his dignity and thinking that was normal as his health failed. His health challenged him in a way he could not control. I helped him understand then heal that issue. He became mobile once again, as control returned to his body and that was his miracle. He begged me to share on video those lessons of healing, and we argued about it. I, too, am an old war horse, and taking on a new project was a constant debate, with him pushing me to continue to help. In the final days, he gave us all the breath he had. He stayed up late and spoke on the porch each night, with anyone who needed a chat. He said he loved that, it made him feel like a rich man. I often left him there, to the moon and to his final words, to those who came to hear/here them. I knew his life was amazing, and got a front row seat to Wounded Knee, and all the other adventures he was on, in his stories. I, offer this. Time is NOW. Do not waste another minute. If you have a thought, share it. A passion, love it to life. Or a need to come in from the rain or off the creek, or any other lonely place you are, NOW is the only time you will have. We are in the great shift, and many will take the early train home from here. Rick did. We need you now more than ever before. If this past summer is a picture of the future, there is A LOT to share!! Now is the time to do it. Godspeed Rick McArthur, we will talk again soon. I love YOU to the MOON, and on the Pisces full moon, you took your early train. We will miss you, but your spirit lives here forever. SIOUX/SU and ya, ya, YOU too SIOUX!

No comments: