Sunday, March 26, 2017

Doesn't matter WHAT I AM, only, THAT I AM -PROJECT FOOTSTEPS DAY

Mike says he is only a tow truck driver, Scotty says he's a guitar player, Darrick says he's a concrete worker, and I say, OK. I say it is so much MORE than that. When they spoke with our U of MN interns here yesterday from Project Footsteps they became so much more. They became leaders. Leaders in so many ways. Like taking a Saturday afternoon and being present to work with these young adults and the horses. Leading the way through the mud, into the pasture to introduce them to the horses, leading the training of horse handling, grooming, and bareback riding. Leading with smiles, words of encouragement and a generosity and warmth that true leaders have and share with ANYONE who would ask. Showing love, courage, and a new way to experience life. I am a lot of things, and that is ALL that matters, THAT I AM. And to all you true leaders out there - keep up the good work, we need you now more then ever before, and WE ARE GRATEFUL YOU HAVE MOVED INTO THE LEAD. Thanks for all the help, the laughs and the leadership!!

No comments: