Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Inspired TWICE!

I do something when I am inspired. I do big things, spend lots of energy creating, and smile a lot under the influence of that inspiration. Back in the 80's I found that inspiration in my children. I knew I had to DO something. The way of life here was playing out for other's kids looked lame to me, maybe even broken. I had met my first autistic child, in 1982. Rory and his pain and the pain in his family from this horrible vaccine injury were life changing for me. I moved, out of the city, away from the stress. I got sick enough to get well, under the influence of natural medicine, as all other attempts in American medicine only made me more broken, in every way. I was inspired to become a Naturopath. In 1999 I was single again and had gotten a horse named Danny, he became my new companion. He was the amazing. I was raised with horses, and had missed them very much in my married life. I was now free to be inspired again. As a child ,my horse was my wings! Free, flying, and way up high, was the way I GREW UP. I was again inspired by being up on the back of that horse. Danny and I built a ranch, an arena, and program that invited autistic kids to ride. He gave ride after ride to children trapped in an injury so severe that healing came slow if at all, and took the patience of a loving powerful horse to show a way through. Cody was 8 when he met Danny. So injured by autism, that even touching Danny was traumatic. Danny loved that boy and touching became their connection. That boy loved that horse and he too was touched. Together, they reached out to each other, they touched hearts, souls, and life purpose was again in vision way up high on Danny's back. They brushed, they talked in their secret language, that only they understood. I smiled, and continued to be inspired. Cody did not speak words out loud, so when that day came that I asked him to say something to Danny, in appreciation for an amazing ride. He did! Cody, spelled out loud to that beautiful horse, I L O V E Y O U D A N N Y. As the tears ran down my face, and his father's face too, I was again, inspired. Cody and Danny rode together, bareback and saddled, inside and outside, slow and very fast, for many years. And Cody grew to be a man, strong, and powerful, like his pal Danny showed him he could be. It was a great gift. So saying goodbye to my old friend yesterday, my inspiration for Hawk's Ridge Ranch is heart breaking. Sharing with everyone, a great gift too. So today, in honor of that warrior horse Danny, whose love for children is legendary, be inspired. I AM and will always be. To Danny - fly free, young and wild, and I will see you at the RAINBOW BRIDGE. I L O V E Y O U D A N N Y , AND CODY DOES TOO! You are forever inspiration, I am a very grateful mom.

No comments: